1 player • 30-60 minutes • ages 12+
You have landed with 3 other specialists on a distant planet; future home of a new civilization. You’ve barely set up the core of your base when a proximity alarm sounds — an incoming meteorite storm is on course to obliterate your new base! You might just have time to activate the shield generator…
A small-box card-based worker placement game that challenges you and your team to build a self-sustaining base with a powerful shield generator in the hostile environment of a distant exoplanet, before a coming meteorite storm.
- Mine resources, harvest water, and grow food by adding new modules onto your base.
- Balance your focus between upgrading your base and training your founders in specialized skills.
- To survive, increase your production and power up the shield generator before the storm hits!
Learn to play in under 8 minutes:
- Work to gather resources
- Build additions onto your base
- Upgrade locations to produce more resources automatically
Each worker pawn represents one of 8 unique characters; four are used in each game. Upgrade their skills as you play to customize them further.
For a longer, more difficult game, simply flip the Time, Production, and Hazard cards. Be careful with how many abilities you take, you’ll need most cards as locations for production!
In the first of a series of free scenarios for ExoBase, you have very little time to rescue a founder who has been wounded and cut off from the rest of the team.
The file is set up to be printed, folded, and fit right in the box. I hope you enjoy it, I have ideas for a several more in the works!
Printable box inserts
Print your own box insert on a single piece of card stock:
Thanks to Lucas Sorenson for sharing a 3d-printable box insert: